Sunday, November 1, 2009

Coming to America

So, I think that I stole this title from an 80's movie (I have not seen) but it feels appropriate.  For those of you who have not heard...you must not know my Mom!  But we are indeed coming home for a vacation and then staying for a month longer so that I can work on collecting supplies for two medical clinics that we will be apart of in the jungle.

We have now been in Peru for 9 months.  It has been nine months full of a range of emotions and experiences.  We have witnessed God changing lives, discovered a new culture and way of life, learned (and continue to learn) a new language, and have grown stronger as a little family.  We have also experienced culture shock, home sickness, and struggled to hear the still quiet voice of God.  If was  completely honest, and I have promised to be that, it has been the longest and most challenging nine months of my life.  I am looking forward to soaking up some familiarity of my family and dear friends.

This journey to the US will only bring us to California and Idaho.  We are sad that we will not venture to Louisiana where we have a wonderful support system.  But we will get to see Brad's family who will meet us in Idaho for Thanksgiving.  But we will send tokens of our love and appreciation back to those people with our LA family.

We are looking forward to seeing as many people as we can.  We are planning on sharing about our experiences in Peru at Mountain View Church of the Nazarene in Wilder, Idaho on Sunday, Nov. 22 during the 10:30 am service.  If you would to see some pictures and hear our stories please join us there!

4 comments:

Glenda said...

I am so excited for you! I can only imagine your feelings of anticipation! I read your mom's blogs and know of her overflowing joy, and I know how our parsonage family is looking forward to seeing you. What a fun time it'll be for all of you! I pray that you have a safe trip back to Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Coming to America is one of greatest and best movies of all time. Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall were excellent! I highly recommend you see it.

Jayson

Sam said...

Ever get together a medical/dental mission team from the US, count us in! There is one WSU does each summer in Peru, but I will be graduating at that time. . . .

SMHart said...

Here's another lady missionary blogger in Peru- looks like a good one


http://apilgrimsproject.blogspot.com/